Beta babes patch not working

Avenger

Beta babes patch not working

Postby Avenger » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Hello,

As the title reads, I have followed the steps outlined in the beta babes readme and the "TILES016.art" file is created with the correct file size but upon placing into the Powerslave folder and trying to run with both PCExhumed (EDuke32 port) and DOS there is no change from the default assets when testing with the first level.

Any help or perhaps an already patched "STUFF.dat" file would be appreciated.

Thank you.
-=CHE@TER=-

Re: Beta babes patch not working

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 am

Avenger wrote:no change from the default assets when testing with the first level
Please read careful included "BETABABE.TXT" documentation file. There are 9 levels with the babes and only 4 of them will have new babes after this patch (levels marked with the plus "+" in the documentation - see part "Levels and coordinates"). First level not in those 4 affected levels, there is no changes in the first level.
Please note that this patch will not replace (change) any already existing sprites but only restore (add) new ones.
And thank you for testing!
Avenger

Re: Beta babes patch not working

Postby Avenger » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:14 pm

-=CHE@TER=- wrote:
Avenger wrote:no change from the default assets when testing with the first level
Please read careful included "BETABABE.TXT" documentation file. There are 9 levels with the babes and only 4 of them will have new babes after this patch (levels marked with the plus "+" in the documentation - see part "Levels and coordinates"). First level not in those 4 affected levels, there is no changes in the first level.
Please note that this patch will not replace (change) any already existing sprites but only restore (add) new ones.
And thank you for testing!

You're right.

Not sure how I missed that.

I will try level 6 instead.

Thanks.

Return to “Powerslave / Exhumed”