A Powerslave / Exhumed Map and Game FAQ

Corvin

A Powerslave / Exhumed Map and Game FAQ

Postby Corvin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 am

I been working on a detailed document for Powerslave for about 5 years.
The RTCM Powerslave Page I put together was part of the information and testing and some e-mails. I hope to get the rest of the document put up within the year. In the RTCM Online Documents, Right now it's not worth posting in the form that its in.

Is there anyone that has worthy information about playing and modding these games, including any more map editing information?
BME

Re: A Powerslave / Exhumed Map and Game FAQ

Postby BME » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 pm

Perhaps Slawomir LAW Lawrynowicz can give some info about editing as he also made his El-Gizah map.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:42 am

I thought I contacted him already about his map, I'll have to check my notes again.
EDIT: LAW sent me some info on what he could remember after all these years.

One thing I found out is the water and such, you build the layers on top of each other (same map cords) to produce the effect.
The way it's constructed is very ingenious. I see why Lobotomy notes about Unique Stacked Sector Technology on the packaging.
Last edited by Corvin on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:26 pm

I been digging through the maps again after a year, and have a working list of effects. Some are a little buggy, might be the way I constructed them.
I hope to get a decent doc made eventually on modding the game.
BME

Postby BME » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 pm

So is there a working map editor?
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:07 am

The maps are version 6. You have to convert the maps with Kens converters. WH1 build editor may work, I have not tried it yet (I totally forgot that JonoF compiled one for us all). I just have a mess of converted maps, I'm a little burned out right now on Powerslave.

EDIT: BTW, is anyone in need of an CD IMAGE of Powerslave or Exhumed (It includes the music as well)?
I recommend using the Exhumed game as it has some bug fixes to it, it came out later and was worked on more so by the developers.
BTW, The Exhumed image is in Nero format.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:13 pm

The map code has some early support for slopes. I don't think its totaly implemented. I'll have to keep experimenting and converting. This WOULD be a lot easier with a native map editor.

Oh added new info into the Powerslave Build Game Page, corrected incorrect information, some regarding the command line. Most of the new info (including some older details) came directly from -=CHE@TER=-, Enough did so I added him as an Editor/Author to the page. Thanks again for filling me in and answer my doubts.
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Corvin wrote:Most of the new info (including some older details) came directly from -=CHE@TER=-, Enough did so I added him as an Editor/Author to the page. Thanks again for filling me in and answer my doubts.
About that - there is one thing in which I was wrong:
PS has some minor glitches, like no animation of flying souls from the corpse of the boss, SET. So it is recommended to play with Exhumed as it is a more recent version of the game.
Exhumed, indeed, more recent and updated version of PowerSlave. But Drog Black Tooth tested and found out that statement about souls from the Set corpse are not true. Animation works for both game versions. Sorry for that and please remove this statement about Set boss corpse and souls. I already remove it from my site page.
I write it because I spawn boss Set with the cheat code CREATURE, kill him, but probably didn't wait enough for souls to appear (there are some timeout for few seconds before animation starts). I properly check it after Drog Black Tooth e-mail and, indeed, I was wrong about that.
And another false information which I already removed from my page too was about debug symbols. Not only PowerSlave, but Exhumed has debug symbols table from Watcom C compiler too. I don't know about demo versions, but PowerSlave Beta has debug symbols too and Windows version of PowerSlave don't have it at all.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 am

Okay man. I updated the text on my PS /EX page. Thanks

I didn't find anything about debug symbols though, so I'm good there.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 am

Anyone interested in providing me (all of us) a BUILD EDITOR with convmap / backmap converters C programmed into a v7 map editor?

I would take a v6 map editor for powerslave if one was properly made for PS / EX.

However, Ken S. would prefer the first option due to bugs in the older editors.

Return to “Powerslave / Exhumed”