Exhumed / PowerSlave DeHacker Updated

Corvin

Exhumed / PowerSlave DeHacker Updated

Postby Corvin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am

Exhumed / PowerSlave DeHacker Updated to v1.1

-=CHE@TER=- has updated his Exhumed / Powerslave patcher program. This version of the program adds the 5th ability (or feature) to change the BUILD screen resolution! It's gone through some testing, but if you find anything wrong , please contact him. Download the new version of the patcher program at his web site, there:
http://ctpax-cheater.losthost.org/htmldocs/ps_vs_ex.htm

I tested this under PS and he tested EX.

If you load up level 0 and test out your screen resolutions, like in these two screenshots provided by CHE@TER, you'll see the shape of the structure change (notice the blocks are square in the top image, compared to rectangular in the default res on the bottom image), and texture detail is greater.
Attachments
e1024x768.png
Higher Res
e1024x768.png (66.27 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
e640x400.png
Stock Res
e640x400.png (36.33 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
Corvin

Re: Exhumed / PowerSlave DeHacker Updated

Postby Corvin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Another version is coming out soon, but there's some problem with it applying the patches to PS.EXE that I experienced.

If there's anything you think should be in the new version post here to discuss it or let him know.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:00 pm

-=CHE@TER=- has made this game a lot easier / funner to play with his patching program. The new v1.2 version with the new GUI, should be available soon, you'll be able to go get it at the Link in the first post.
I'll be posting news on the RTCM main page when he has uploaded the new EX / PS Dehacker version.

More refinements during the day.
-No GUI
-Screenshots with F12. These are native to the engine.
-The 'C' Fix so you can use crouch (or other). The key will work normally now.
-Plus more.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

All right a new version from -=CHE@TER=- is coming again, v1.3, he says this is last version for a long time. Look for it to be posted on his site in the next day or so (unless there is a delay of course).
If you find problems or want a feature added nows the time to discuss it.

What's new:
- Completely fixed hack for Hi-Res modes - now you can use 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 with the normal status bar (HUD).
- And one thing that I wanted to fix a lo-o-ong time ago: correct messages for all cheat codes (for flashes (actually unimplemented cheat), snake cam and full map).
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:17 am

Exhumed / PowerSlave DeHacker Updated to v1.3 and posted:
http://ctpax-cheater.losthost.org/htmldocs/ps_vs_ex.htm
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm

It's just a todo list - some ideas. I don't plan to work on the DeHacker in near future.

Code: Select all

todo list
? DeHacker command line arguments for faster apply / undo fixes

X possibility of quick save/load instead of mouse sensitivity up/down (or Alt+C/Alt+V) // requested by Drog Black Tooth
-- full save and load code exists in the EX/PS executables, but broken and saves only position of the player (no ammo, life, etc.)
X spiders can walk on the sky (parallax ceiling, see the training level) // bug discovered by Corak
X sticky grenades (ceiling)

legend
! must be fixed / added in new release
+ implementation successfully completed
- normal priority feature
? not sure if this feature will be useful for anyone
X too hard or impossible to implement
-- comments and thoughts about the point above
Last edited by -=CHE@TER=- on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Yeah, about the grenades code.
Actual throwing distance depending on two things:
- How long player holds the Fire button (delay).
- Current player total velocity (speed).
It's important to know that delay affects throwing distance very little while speed affects a lot.
You can easily test it by yourself - hold the Fire button for a few seconds and throw grenade (release Fire button):
- When you standing still.
- When you running forward, backward or strafing to the left or right (actually you'll need to move only in the moment before you release Fire button and also note that direction which you're moving doesn't matter at all - you can run backwards for example).
In the second case grenade can be thrown much more further.
It's very confusing (probably only to me? anyone else?) and makes grenades useless weapon because sometimes grenade just drops under your foot because you forgot to run and sometimes grenade fly away to the sky because you forgot to stop.

So my question: is this actually worth to fix or change?
For example, I can use delay only (with some amplifier coeff of course to increase throwing distance), so the grenade will be thrown regardless of the current player speed and the min and max distance will be similar to pipe bomb from Duke Nukem 3D.
Or should I don't bother and leave things as it was?

Because there are pros and cons for each method:
Original:
+ When you moving or running you can throw at very impressive distance.
- It's always confusing when you throw grenade under your foot because you forgot to move or just can't because you're on the tiny platform above the lava for example.
Patched:
- Throwing distance will be limited and much shorter than in the original code - similar to pipe bomb from Duke Nukem 3D.
+ Grenades will always works as intended regardless of your current speed.

So what do you think? I'm open for suggestions from everyone.
Thanks!
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:03 pm

I was wondering more so about the Grenade Patch possibilities myself.
Not much time now, but I don't remember even using the gernade, but i havnt played enough PS in recent times.

Did the grenade bounce on its own once it landed?
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Corvin wrote:I was wondering more so about the Grenade Patch possibilities myself.
Not much time now, but I don't remember even using the gernade, but i havnt played enough PS in recent times.

Don't worry about that, I just gather some information and as I said before I didn't plan to release anything for the time being.

Corvin wrote:Did the grenade bounce on its own once it landed?

Yes, but not much as pipe bomb from DN3D. In the DN3D pipe bomb (light object) mostly bounce and slightly moving but EX/PS grenade (heavy object) slightly bounce and mostly slide on the ground in the throwing direction.
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Grenades such a joke in this game:
1) Go to the large area or a long hallway with the low sky or ceiling.
2) Switch to grenades and hold a "Fire" button (Ctrl by default) for a few second.
3) Run (to add speed), look up and throw grenade as high as you can.
Now your grenade stick to the ceiling and moving forward. Yes it did NOT fall down until its vertical velocity drops to zero.

On other news I've done two new hacks for v1.4:
Invert mouse aim // Invert vertical mouse movement (on the Y-axis).
Tweak grenade throw routine // Only [Fire] holding delay will affect distance (total player velocity excluded).
Last thing which I want to change for the v1.4 release is the hack for "C" key. First of all I need to implement the same hack for the "V" key (it's the same bug because of Alt+V hotkey). But before I rework anything I want to know the best way to do it.
I have two way to do it:
1) Completely disable Alt+V and Alt+C hotkeys.
2) Remap Alt+V and Alt+C to Alt+F1 and Alt+F2 (for example) or any other two keys which not already in use and it's very unlikely to be used by players.
Original code for Alt+V and Alt+C messing with the controls if you play with "C" or "V" keys and my current (v1.3) hacks code corrupts HOLLY console input so it must be reworked, but the game code didn't leave you any sane choices except mentioned two above.

Return to “Powerslave / Exhumed”