Bombshell prequel Beta Access?

Corvin

Bombshell prequel Beta Access?

Postby Corvin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:01 am

Has the Beta Access to the Bombshell Retro FPS prequel become available?

It was suppose to be this past forth quarter of 2016.
Last edited by Corvin on Sat May 27, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hank

Re: Bombshel prequal Beta Access?

Postby Hank » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:13 am

The Beta Access for this game is a little delayed, as far as I know.
I've got Bombshell via GoG, and there you'll get a demo instead. The demo will be released before the beta.
... time waits for no one.
Corvin

Re: Bombshell prequel Beta Access?

Postby Corvin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 am

Access to the BombShell Prequel Beta hasn't been released as promised with the purchase of the publishers (3DR's) other Isometric Deluxe Edition game. The Beta release was pushed back to the 4th quarter of 2016. Now as Hank said that the extra cash you forked out for the Deluxe game will get you a demo version of the prequel rather than Beta. Then your going to have to pay for the full game after that. Weird stuff.

The game was named The Washington Project and Ion Maiden, but nobody seems to know why the deviation from 3D Realms Bombshell name. Is it for marketing, then why not stay with 3DRealms original name for the Eduke32 game / mod combo. It definitely would tie the two games and 3DR's name better.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:01 am

Anyone know if there changing the file formats so there not BUILD Game formats anymore?
I was told they changed them slightly...so the old tools and techniques cant be used with the game.
I was just wondering.
The way those thugs hate Gearbox for the lack of original modding ability of DN3DWT, I wouldn't be surprised if they do what they hate, if that makes sense. :)

EDIT: I guess their hate is because Gearbox has the Duke3D rights and canceled any contracts the thug may have had. Then they go and ask Geabox for favors, but apparently not the right non-profit ones that would truly benefit the community by releasing the Duke A/B's finally.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

For the people that ordered the Deluxe package for the isometric Bombshell game they where suppose to get a Shareware Demo version of the full game.

Does anyone know if 3DR is releasing a Shareware Demo for the Bombshell prequel?
or
Did they give people a discount or refund on the paid 'early access' of the game?
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Update: I've been told that Valve/Steam has been working to provide the 'paid beta early access' release of the prequel for those who paid for the Deluxe Digital Download of the cool isometric Bombshell game from 3DR/ Interceptor. So apparently they are getting access to it eventually.

EDIT:
Apparently there is no Demo Shareware version, just the paid beta testing is going on.
If your into paying 20 bucks to beta test a game, your best bet is to buy the prequel from the co developers directly; 3DRealms. I read at 3DR forums they make more money that way.
There's a link button on the main rtcm home page at the top pointing to 3D Realms.
Hank

Postby Hank » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 am

On GoG, if you bought the Bombshell 'Delux' Edition, the demo is in your libary under the Goodies.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:33 am

Really? wow, finally? But is it really a Demo Game, like a shareware episode, or is it a paid beta, like on steam? (with a patch or two?)

I realize you bought the paid beta from 3DR directly, I read that on their IM forum. So you can compare, no?
Hank

Postby Hank » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Corvin wrote:Really? wow, finally? But is it really a Demo Game, like a shareware episode, or is it a paid beta, like on steam? (with a patch or two?)

I realize you bought the paid beta from 3DR directly, I read that on their IM forum. So you can compare, no?

What I bought and what is available on GoG, is identical, at this moment.

It may go under different names but it's the same. :)
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:07 am

Here's 3D Realms Bombshell Prequel: Ion Maiden Forum:
https://boards.3drealms.com/c/ion-maiden

Return to “General”