Shabby Mouse Control in Some BUILD Games?

Corvin

Shabby Mouse Control in Some BUILD Games?

Postby Corvin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:09 am

Is this a real thing or what?

It's "known" apparently as I have noted in one of my documents that BUILD Games Blood, Duke3D, Shadow Warrior and Redneck Rampage only update one axis at a time. Also this Vertical movement (Y-axis) tends to be slower than the horizontal (X-axis).

A long time ago Joe Siegler (3DR Tech) gave a solution to this issue:
(The Up and Down 'Aiming Acceleration and Speed' is setup by the Mouse Y Axis Scale (MouseAnalogScale1) , NOT by the Adjust Sensitivity (MouseSensitivity) which appears to only adjust the horizontal. Not many listen to him regarding this solution, I don't recall if it fixed the problem or not....anyone notice an improvement if you edited your config file with notepad?

Also there is the "programs" like 'bMouse' and the new 'Build Mouse Fix' tool to correct some or all of the issue's with the mouse.

Has anyone else had problems with the mouse movement, and have any of these three solutions helped?
Corvin

Re: Shabby Mouse Control in Some BUILD Games?

Postby Corvin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

More study of ' The Build Mouse Fix Tool' I think its only allowing sensitivity settings to be adjusted via in-game key. But I'm not sure if its updating the movement of the mouselook/aim of both axis at the same time like bMouse apparently does.

As far as the 3DR Tech guy having a solution, I can only assume the game itself reads the cfg file entry (MouseAnalogScale1) correctly and applies sensitivity to the mouse.
In my document: http://www.r-t-c-m.com/knowledge-base/d ... -file.html
It states a value of 72089 should provide an eqaul scale to the other axis.
Robman

Postby Robman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 am

Back in the days of strictly using DOS SW, I just setup the x and y to where I liked it in setup.exe and it doesn't take long to get used to your settings. People these days are spoiled though so they complain more when using older programs.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 am

I agree. I played through most of the BUILD Games useing DOS and Win9x, some with the DosBOX EMU, and I didn't have a hard time playing them.

But for the Build Mouse Fix Tool / Patcher, I was wrong that it didn't help with update rates for X and Y, since it does provide rate updates for the both of them. Along with setting the sensitivity for both axis with the one key. From -=CHE@TER=- he explained it to me in better vocabulary, so I see what he made with the patch.
BTW, its at his site: http://ctpax-cheater.losthost.org/htmld ... m#buildmfx
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

-=CHE@TER=-, I posted your Mouse Fix patcher link at SWC and BloodLine forums for people that frequent those locations :)
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks a lot Corvin!
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:16 am

I see there is a new version of the 'BUILD Mouse Fix' download on your site!

Whats different in the new v1.1 version?
-=CHE@TER=-

Postby -=CHE@TER=- » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Sorry, I almost forgot to tell you about update, but nothing much changed except the fact that I rewrite it on the C instead of Pascal, so the code should be a bit shorter, faster and easier to understand (I hope).

Return to “General”