Java Blood and old add-on dos installers / launchers

Corvin

Java Blood and old add-on dos installers / launchers

Postby Corvin » Sat May 27, 2017 12:17 am

Is anyone interested and converting the dos installers for all the Blood add-ons to a Windows exe?

Why you ask?
None of the installers will work outside of dos/dosbox emu, and therefore becomes cumbersome to use with the new Java Blood port.
You would have to jump from windows to dosbox and back again.
Corvin

Re: Java Blood and old add-on dos installers / launchers

Postby Corvin » Sat May 27, 2017 11:51 am

Another question, did M210 release the source code with the GBXBlood?
BME

Postby BME » Sat May 27, 2017 4:16 pm

I don't think he released the source, at least I didn't see any sign of it on his download page.

It would be great if GDX could accept a command line so that the external installer (EXE or JAR?) can install user content.

A (future) Win EXE installer should, beside handling the file movement/backup etc, also be able to handle RFF files to add custom sounds, enemies, weapons, voxels etc.
Last edited by BME on Sat May 27, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm

No source code? Now he's playing, hes holding back. WTH, it's the same situation with the real src all these years, nobody wants a closed src code at this point of Bloods life. eh.

Yeah, without some sort of dos batch conversion built into the java thing, then what good is it if it can't play those mods on the fly? Someone, and I'm not suggesting you BME, but the installers need a conversion if the java Blood won't do it.

Plus it was you that mentioned that the standard Blood tools are not supported, that does include the tools required to install with.

I hope this guy has sense sooner than later about these issues. I for one hope it works out.
BME

Postby BME » Sat May 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Yes, I believe that M210 doesn't want to touch Barf and probably the other tools that are important for adding user content.

It would indeed a great benefit if the source would be released as more people are able to work on it, improving the port.

Return to “Blood”