Bombshell prequel Beta Access?

Corvin

Re: Bombshell prequel Beta Access?

Postby Corvin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:03 am

Anyone see any IM news on the 3DRealms forum or web site?
Hank

Postby Hank » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Nope. 3D Realms may be the distributor on record, but their website is useless for news worthy information about Ion Maiden.

If you want to keep up to date, you need to visit Steam. It is well maintained by the actual developer, Voidpoint. And they just issued the second patch there, 13 April.

Peeps, with GoG and 3D Realms game version, need to wait for this update until someone at 3DR has over come a flue or sickness or what ever lame excuse one can stomach.

Sorry to be a downer here. :cry:
... time waits for no one.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:40 pm

eh. I heard they are removing not in favor discussion post over at Steam. Like if you don't say nice things, then like on duke 4 they delete your post. Rather than just locking it.
Since I don't have the Beta Demo nor GOG or Steam I can't really verify it. I don't visit or link into them often.
But I've been told this from honest people that have seen this happen. Only two people mentioned it to me at least in passing.

3D Realms needs to post new on there web site about the game and apparently a convention was missed in their news as well as patch updates. Plus the Ion Maiden forum is dead like on GOG too.
I hope the new 3DR stops behaving like the old 3DR and gets going with the advertisement. Just saying man. Looks bleak.
Hank

Postby Hank » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am

On Steam, duplicate queries may get deleted, and obvious troll posts, but this is done all over Steam.

Maybe they referred to one of my comments? I deleted that one myself, not because I am impressed with 3D Realm's performance, but it's too easy to criticize. :P
... time waits for no one.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 am

Nobody mentioned any names of posters. I couldn't follow any names if they would have mentioned them, just no time too.

I remember GTInteractive where very good publishers and distributors. They use to post news about every item and even have the patches available for download. Even mini pages/sites for each product.
Some user content too, and Technical support.

3D Realms being a co developer and the publisher you would think would be doing more with news and news updates of IM. At least they have a forum.
But I guess its in vein to expect 3DR too change when they have some of the same people there they may have slowed things down back in the day.

At least they have there DN3D and SW old sites in place still.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 am

I see there using the name of Kens' work, 'Build engine' as a catch phrase. Even mod db has a Ion Maiden entry on the BUILD Engines front page. Crazy. Eduke32 must not be popular enough to use it as catch phrase. lol

Have they left out (I think so) so far JonoF and Kens work on the renders they are using and optimizing. I hope the classic renderer tweaks and the OpenGL (PolyMost) tweaks get back coded into JonoF's ports of Duke3D and Shadow Warrior. If they even release their code. They used everyone else's, so why not?
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 am

Multiplayers a bitch.

Its the most critical part of the game code, and when you add so much junk you have to try to remove the bloated ware first.
Then every thing needs to be synced up.
Perhaps they are removing the old code and trying to make the game more like modern multiplayer.

Its taking forever, they delay the game several times, from when 2016 original release date?
I hope they release the source code for the game too, rather than them going to say some crap like, 'we'll put it in the eduke32 code.'
That's just a way to hide the real code from everyone.

Return to “General”