Tekwar doesn't recognize palette changes made to tiles

mathtek

Tekwar doesn't recognize palette changes made to tiles

Postby mathtek » Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi,

The tekwar engine seems to hold great potential, with the sprite extensions. I doesn't seem to have alternate blue, green, etc palettes for ceilings, and walls like Duke 3D; they probably can be added by changes to the PALETTE and LOOKUP files. Is this achievable? The obvious workaround is to create green, red, etc versions of each tile; which approach is recommended? Thanks
Corvin

Re: Tekwar doesn't recognize palette changes made to tiles

Postby Corvin » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 pm

I never mapped for Tekwar so I'm no help.
mathtek

Re: Tekwar doesn't recognize palette changes made to tiles

Postby mathtek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:30 am

I'm thinking that it's probably not an insurmountably difficult technical hurdle for people who are used to changing and adding palettes to the other build engine games; it's just that tekwar doesn't really attract the same degree of interest. I'm digging deeper into the palette file format, since I've just taken a very brief look at it, it could even be very similar or identical to Witchaven's palette. I believe that if some decent resolution artwork is used with the Tekwar engine, something really surprising and hopefully mildly fun could emerge from it. I'm also looking for free artwork that could be used for that purpose, besides the artwork for Whaven, setting legal issues aside; something called "Tekhaven Demo" :D would possibly materialize, combining the best of the two demos into a different experience

Return to “General”