DN3DWT

Corvin

DN3DWT

Postby Corvin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:54 am

Has everyone seen and know about the "new" DN3D World Tour game from Gearbox and Nerve is coming out soon?
Its old news, but I'm still wondering what your thoughts are about it?

Summery: (Price: $20 bucks Release Date: October 11 2016)
Available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC, Vista and up(Steam Only)
Limited physical editions for Playstation 4 and Xbox One only for North America beginning on October 18th (Gamestop)
No Windows PC Hard Copies to buy at your local store.

"...brings classic Duke Nukem 3D, plus an ALL-NEW 8-Level fifth episode..."

>It has an 'on the fly' toggle that will let you switch between the original "2.5D" graphics engine, and Gearbox's "all-new True3D Rendering mode", which renders the game world in full 3D.
>Faster Frame Rates than through DOS.
>The pixel art is still intact.
>?Bump Mapped textures included?
>The game is Painfully done with lighting.
>Video is in 1080p widescreen.
>There's also a new fifth episode: Alien World Order, this contains eight new levels created by Duke 3D's original map designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray. (used the original Duke3D BUILD Editor and/or Mapster32) (used all original assets).
>New Levels: AMSTERDAM, EGYPT, HOLLYWOOD, LONDON, MOSCOW, PARIS, ROME COLOSSEUM, SAN FRANCISCO. (Boss 3, The Cycloid Emperor with a repaint at the end of the episode)
>New music from Lee Jackson (the guy who did the original's theme tune; Grabbag).
>New Duke Talk lines by the original Duke's voice actor: Jon St. Jon.
>An in-game commentary by the original dev team are also included.
>New Weapon: The INCINERATOR (Used flame thrower code as a base that was in the src already)
>New Enemy: “Firefly” enemies. (There small, expand and shoot with flames)
>Old Duke Talk is re-recorded in higher quality. (said to be JSJ doing them over again).
>Old Music Remastered.
>Programmed from the original 1996 3DR source code.
>Multiplayer reworked from ground up. (8player multiplayer and co-op) , (dukematch is included) , (even a 1player vs 7bots match mode).
(You can play the new maps in Multiplayer as well.)
>Modernized auto-aim; A Narrow cone.
>Rewind Function may not be in the PC Version.
>Other minor changes...
Last edited by Corvin on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
rgstever
Site Admin

Re: DN3DWT

Postby rgstever » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:56 am

I'd wait until it's on sale or torrent. From what I've seen of the level design, it's mediocre at best and not worth anything monetarily. I may have gripes with polymer/polymost, however the eduke32 engine still looks better that what I've seen so far out of the trailers, also the advanced con scripting is practically a requirement if you want to do anything useful with the engine and TROR. I am however interested to see if levellord's mapping skills have improved at all since his work in DN3D. If you want a high quality voice over of JSJ (that actually feels like Duke), you can just rip the assets from DNF/Manhattan project with their exact duplicates (and one's similar for those lines that don't exist). I can go on length about re-re-releases however it becomes rather moot after awhile.
Attachments
high res voice.zip
(7.06 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
Host and site admin.
Hank

Postby Hank » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 am

Time to make a post.
If what they say is true, that all previous fan work, maps, mods and entire TCs will not work anymore, then I hope Gearbox is ready with an actual PR campaign (without the moron in chief) to fix this. I was drawn to TCs like Platoon , Starship Troopers and then to Build, not Duke itself.
Some maps from Allan Blum and Richard Gray were well done for MP. Maybe MP is fixed now, and the new maps from them have the same 'magic' as they did in 1998, and will draw new/old fans to Duke again.

For myself, I will get this if it ever comes to GoG or if my respected TCs can be played on it. ;)
... time waits for no one.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:32 am

Hey Hank, Where did you read or hear about the previous fan TCs etc will not work with World Tour?
Just wondering.

Also if you haven't read it yet, an Article about the New Levels at Gearbox:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/2016/09/ ... lord-gray/
Hank

Postby Hank » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 am

Corvin wrote:Hey Hank, Where did you read or hear about the previous fan TCs etc will not work with World Tour?
Just wondering.

I've read this at another forum (the one you left), written by a mutual acquaintance of ours (no longer a friend of yours).
We'll need to wait until this add-on comes out, yet, he wouldn't've stated this if he was not somewhat sure.

On the internet circulates an updated video for the upcoming World Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWTFue ... e=youtu.be :shock: :(
I won't commend either way.

[added]
I've read this from Richard Gray. And I wish him and Gearbox all the best. :)
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:46 am

It's alright Hank. I don't expect people not to mention the unmentionable. But I do appreciate your discretion.

I'm pretty sure its not an add-on but a full game. I'll take a look at the video.
Hank

Postby Hank » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Corvin wrote:It's alright Hank. I don't expect people not to mention the unmentionable. But I do appreciate your discretion.

I'm pretty sure its not an add-on but a full game. I'll take a look at the video.

This is how Randy sells it on Twitter. No clue how to link to Twitter. Instead of add-on he used 'new episode'. :)
Sure, the original content, the first four episodes, will be included; like it was going from Duke 3D to Atomic. The World Tour will be a game for the new fans, and add-on for the old one's. :P
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 pm

aw, okay, thanks for that clarification.
Corvin

Postby Corvin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:43 am

I've edited the first post a few times over the past week or so to provide better details of whats basically been revealed of the game.

Have I missed any that I should add to it?
Hank

Postby Hank » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:48 pm

On plus -I would add, mapping of the eight level were done with Mapster32, a Duke Fan Community utility. (This is validated, since Richard requested changes to Mapster32 to suit his editing style)
On minus - The New Boss is Boss 3 [Cycloid Emperor) with a repaint only. This will become another field day on Steam :(

Return to “Duke Nukem 3D”